|
||
This dictionary is a collaborative project started in November 2003. Entries are added and mistakes corrected by a team of volunteers from around the world.
If you can spare even ten minutes a week to help with this project then please
volunteer. Editing is easy, you just use your web browser!
Found 119 word entries for "都"
Link to this search: http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/search/?searchtype=1&text=%E9%83%BD |
||||
Word | jyutping | pinyin | Meaning | |
乜都 | mat1 dou1 | 粵 anything; everything | ||
都好 | dou1 hou2 | all good | ||
都可以 | dou1 ho2 ji5 | all OK | ||
都會 | dou1 wui6 | metropolis | ||
都係 | dou1 hai6 | 粵 may as well; still | ||
乜嘢都 | mat1 je5 dou1 | 粵 whatever; anything | ||
他們都 | taa1 mun4 dou1 | 國 all of them | ||
都是 | dou1 si6 | 國 all are | ||
一日都係 | jat1 jat6 dou1 hai6 | 粵 it's all because of | ||
一日都係你 | jat1 jat6 dou1 hai6 nei5 | 粵 it's all because of you | ||
首都 | sau2 dou1 | capital city | ||
全都 | cyun4 dou1 | all; everything without any exception; absolutely everything | ||
都市 | dou1 si5 | metropolis; major city | ||
大都 | daai6 dou1 | for the most part; on the whole; generally | ||
東京都 | dung1 ging1 dou1 | Tokyo Prefecture | ||
都不 | dou1 bat1 | neither | ||
都得 | dou1 dak1 | all get/share | ||
佛都有火 | fat6 dou1 jau5 fo2 | 粵 intolerable anger; "that's the limit!" (lit., "even Buddha gets inflamed") | ||
係人都知 | hai6 jan4 dou1 zi1 | 粵 public knowledge | ||
幾點鐘都 | gei2 dim2 zung1 dou1 | whenever; anytime | ||
幾時都 | gei2 si4 dou1 | whenever; anytime | ||
幾多都 | gei2 do1 dou1 | any amount or any number | ||
點樣都 | dim2 joeng6*2 dou1 | anyhow, however | ||
邊個都 | bin1 go3 dou1 | whoever, anybody | ||
成都 | sing4 dou1 | Chengdu (in Sichuan Province) | ||
都好啦 | dou1 hou2 laa1 | "it will be fine" | ||
都似 | dou1 ci5 | 粵 has the possibility | ||
乜都假 | mat1 dou1 gaa2 | 粵 cannot be helped | ||
亦都 | jik6 dou1 | 粵 also; too | ||
水都 | seoi2 dou1 | wet city | ||
國際都會 | gwok3 zai3 dou1 wui6 /wui5 | cosmopolitan city | ||
新興都市 | san1 hing1 dou1 si5 | boomtown | ||
珍珠都冇咁真 | zan1 zyu1 dou1 mou5 gam3 zan1 | 粵 it's definitely true | ||
大都市 | daai6 dou1 si5 | [n] megacity; metropolis | ||
講極都唔明 | gong2 gik6 dou1 m4 ming4 | 粵 still don't understand, even after further explanation | ||
古都 | gu2 dou1 | ancient capital (place) | ||
國都 | gwok3 dou1 | national capital; capital | ||
點都好 | dim2 dou1 hou2 | 粵 anyway; no matter what | ||
睬佢都傻 | coi2 keoi5 dou1 so4 | 粵 to not allow one's dignity to be compromised (a form of refusal along the lines of, "keep dreaming") | ||
打鑼都搵唔到 | daa2 lo4 dou1 wan2 m4 dou3*2 | 粵 to be unable to find sb after making a big production of it | ||
擔屎都唔偷食 | daam1 si2 dou1 m4 tau1 sik6 | 粵 to be completely trustworthy (lit., "to carry crap and not eat it") | ||
等到頸都長 | dang2 dou3 geng2 dou1 coeng4 | to have been waiting for a very long time | ||
不嬲都 | bat1 nau1 dou1 | 粵 always (habit) | ||
一戙都冇 | jat1 dung6 dou1 mou5 | 粵 completely defeated; no pile of money left (in gambling) | ||
一天都光晒 | jat1 tin1 dou1 gwong1 saai3 | the problem has been completely solved (passed) | ||
無論點都好 | mou4 leon6 dim2 dou1 hou2 | no matter what | ||
諗極都諗唔到 | nam2 gik6 dou1 nam2 m4 dou3*2 | 粵 no matter how much thinking, still cannot think of it | ||
開口埋口都話 | hoi1 hau2 maai4 hau2 dou1 waa6 | 粵 whenever one speaks, one (always) says that... | ||
噉都得 | gam2 dou1 dak1 | 粵 whatever | ||
石頭都鑽出水 | sek6 tau4 dou1 zyun3 ceot1 seoi2 | 粵 make the impossible become possible | ||
大都會 | daai6 dou1 wui6 | metropolitan; metropolis, megalopolis | ||
都市型男 | dou1 si5 jing4 naam4 | a metrosexual | ||
擳都唔笑 | zit1 dou1 m4 siu3 | 粵 humourless; overly serious | ||
爛船拆埋都有三斤釘 | laan6 syun4 caak3 maai4 dou1 jau5 saam1 gan1 deng1 | 粵 a rich and influential man at his lowest is still better off than the poor | ||
點都 | dim2 dou1 | 粵 anyhow; no matter what | ||
幾大都 | gei2 daai6*2 dou1 | 粵 in any event; anyhow | ||
雞春咁密都會哺出仔 | gai1 ceon1 gam3 mat6 dou1 wui5 bou6 ceot1 zai2 | 粵 secret divulged | ||
踩著芋莢都當蛇 | caai2 zoek6 wu6 hap3 dou1 dong3 se4 | 粵 false suspicion | ||
渣都冇 | zaa1 dou1 mou5 | 粵 not even dregs are left; to have nothing left | ||
托塔都應承 | tok3 taap3 dou1 jing1 sing4 | 粵 promise to do almost anything | ||
無功都有勞 | mou4 gung1 dou1 jau5 lou4 | although there aren't any results or achievements, yet one still put a lot of work into sth. | ||
國際大都會 | gwok3 zai3 daai6 dou1 wui6 | international metropolis | ||
十劃都未有一撇 | sap6 waak6 dou1 mei6 jau5 jat1 pit3 | 粵 There is not the slightest sign of anything happening yet | ||
一日都係... | jat1 jat6 dou1 hai6 | 粵 it's all .... fault; ... is always the blame | ||
弊弊都冇咁弊 | bai6*2 bai6 dou1 mou5 gam3 bai6 | 粵 the worst case senario; the worst possible circumstances; nothing more terrible or lousy than | ||
大纜都扯唔埋 | daai6 laam6 dou1 ce2 m4 maai4 | 粵 1. there's absolutely no connection (relationship) between them 2. not even a big rope could pull them together | ||
點都要 | dim2 dou1 jiu3 | 粵 no matter what | ||
食龍肉都冇味 | sik6 lung4 juk4 dou1 mou5 mei6 | 粵 not be in the mood for sth.; not have an appetite | ||
生米都煮成熟飯 | saang1 mai5 dou1 zyu2 seng4 suk6 faan6 | what\\\'s done is done; things are irreversible | ||
喊都無謂 | haam3 dou1 mou4 wai6 | 粵 crying over spilt milk | ||
蚊都瞓啦 | man1 dou1 fan3 laa1 | 粵 it would be too late | ||
睇到眼都突埋 | tai2 dou3 ngaan5 dou1 dat6 maai4 | 粵 be appalled at the sight of sth. | ||
阿駝都畀佢激直 | aa3 to4*2 dou1 bei2 keoi5 gik1 zik6 | 粵 to be infuriated (to the point that a humpback's back would straighten out) | ||
冤豬頭都有盟鼻菩薩 | jyun1 zyu1 tau4 dou1 jau5 mang4 bei6 pou4 saat3 | 粵 love is blind | ||
話都冇咁快 | waa6 dou1 mou5 gam3 faai3 | 粵 before you can say knife | ||
稟神都冇句真 | ban2 san4 dou1 mou5 geoi3 zan1 | 粵 lie through one's teeth; lie like a gas meter | ||
洪都拉斯 | hung4 dou1 laai1 si1 | Honduras | ||
宏都拉斯 | wang4 dou1 laai1 si1 | Honduras | ||
京都 | ging1 dou1 | Kyoto | ||
加德滿都 | gaa1 dak1 mun5 dou1 | Kathmandu | ||
撒都該人 | saat3 dou1 goi1 jan4 | Sadducees | ||
都柏林 | dou1 paak3 lam4 | Dublin | ||
昌都 | coeng1 dou1 | Chamdo, ch. Qamdo or Changdu | ||
昌都地區 | coeng1 dou1 dei6 keoi1 | Changdu district (district in Tibet) | ||
德都 | dak1 dou1 | Dedu (place in Heilongjiang) | ||
都昌 | dou1 coeng1 | Duchang (place in Jiangxi) | ||
都江堰 | dou1 gong1 jin2 | Dujiangyan (city in Sichuan) | ||
都蘭 | dou1 laan4 | Dulan (place in Qinghai) | ||
都勻 | dou1 wan4 | Duyun (city in Guizhou) | ||
花都 | faa1 dou1 | Huadu (city in Guangdong) | ||
豐都 | fung1 dou1 | Fengdu (place in Sichuan) | ||
江都 | gong1 dou1 | Jiangdu (city in Jiangsu) | ||
樂都 | lok6 dou1 | Ledu (place in Qinghai), Lok To | ||
於都 | jyu1 dou1 | Yudu (place in Jiangxi) | ||
望都 | mong6 dou1 | Wangdu (place in Hebei) | ||
武都 | mou5 dou1 | Wudu (place in Gansu) | ||
寧都 | ning4 dou1 | Ningdu (place in Jiangxi) | ||
新都 | san1 dou1 | Xindu (place in Sichuan) | ||
商都 | soeng1 dou1 | Shangdu (place in Inner Mongolia) | ||
京都條約 | ging1 dou1 tiu4 joek3 | Kyoto accord | ||
南方都市報 | naam4 fong1 dou1 si5 bou3 | Southern Metropolitan Daily | ||
都靈 | dou1 ling4 | Turin, Torino | ||
京都排骨 | ging1 dou1 paai4 gwat1 | Kyoto spare ribs | ||
京都府 | ging1 dou1 fu2 | Kyoto prefecture | ||
都市日報 | dou1 si5 jat6 bou3 | Metropolis Daily | ||
三都 | saam1 dou1 | Sandou (county in Guizhou province) | ||
首都國際機場 | sau2 dou1 gwok3 zai3 gei1 coeng4 | Beijing Capital International Airport | ||
首都劇場 | sau2 dou1 kek6 coeng4 | the Capital Theater (in Beijing) | ||
澳大利亞首都特區 | ou3 daai6 lei6 aa3 sau2 dou1 dak6 keoi1 | Australian Capital Territory | ||
騎都尉 | kei3/gei6 dou1 wai3 | captain or commander of the cavalry | ||
碗碟碰埋都有聲 | wun2 dip6 pung3 maai4 dou1 jau5 seng1 | 粵 a warning that when people come together they are bound to quarrel | ||
阿媽都唔認得 | aa3 maa1 dou1 m4 jing6 dak1 | 粵 hyperbole expressing how bad sth affects sb | ||
爛船都有三斤釘 | laan6 syun4 dou1 jau5 saam1 gan1 deng1 | 粵 appear to be broke, yet have backup funds | ||
托塔都肯 | tok3 taap3 dou1 hang2 | 粵 be willing to do almost anything | ||
都靈裹屍布 | dou1 ling4 gwo2 si1 bou3 | the Shroud of Turin | ||
臊臊都係羊肉 | sou1 sou1 dou1 hai6 joeng4 juk6 | 粵 something falls short of expectations but is still of benefit | ||
化咗灰都認得 | faa3 zo2 fui1 dou1 jing6 dak1 | 粵 recognizable in any circumstance | ||
都安瑤族自治縣 | dou1 on1 jiu4 zuk6 zi6 zi6 jyun6 | Du'an Yaozu autonomous county (county in Guangxi) | ||
三都水族自治縣 | saam1 dou1 seoi2 zuk6 zi6 zi6 jyun6 | Sandou Shuizu autonomous county (county in Guizhou) |
Found 122 Chinese Examples for "都" | ||
佢晚晚都行公司 | 粵 She goes shopping every night. | |
隻隻山羊都有兩隻角 | 粵 Every goat has two horns. | |
全部都唔識呀 | 粵 I don't know anything. | |
我都唔知點算 | 粵 I don't know what to do either. | |
阿爸阿媽日日都去晨運。 | 粵 Papa and mama go exercising every morning. | |
我每朝都喺七點鐘開工,所以我夜晚唔可以出街 | 粵 I start work at 7 o'clock each morning, so I can't stay out too late. | |
佢次次都同我講大話…佢真係正衰人 | 粵 She tells lie to me every time... she's a really horrible person. | |
連一秒我都唔可以嘥 | 粵 I can't waste even a second. | |
嚇嚫我!/我都畀佢嚇嚫! | 粵 [She] scared me! / I was scared by her too! | |
個個學生都擔心自己嘅成績。 | 粵 Every student is worried about his grades. | |
佢次次都同我講大話…佢真係大嚿衰 | 粵 He tells lies to me every time... he's really obnoxious. | |
佢次次都講大話,都畀我聽到… | 粵 He's always telling lies which I hear. | |
就算喺日常生活中﹐都需要一啲科學常識。 | 粵 We need some scientific knowledge even in dealing with our daily life. | |
佢今日寫嗰啲嘢,乜嘢都九唔搭八 | 粵 Nothing he wrote today made sense. | |
我一秒都唔可以嘥 | 粵 I can't waste even a second. | |
雖然係真空,但係唔係話乜嘢都冇。 | 粵 Although it's a vacuum, it's not like there's nothing there. | |
佢乜嘢魚都鍾意食。 | 粵 She likes to eat any kind of fish. | |
一啲都唔熱嘅 | 粵 You call this hot? It's not hot at all! | |
近排我一直都捱夜加班 | 粵 Recently I've been staying up late, doing overtime non-stop. | |
佢成日都想打韆鞦 | 粵 She always wants to play on the swings. | |
佢乜嘢都怕,正一個冇膽鬼 | 粵 He's scared of everything, he's a real coward. | |
不過都係輸畀我! | 粵 However, you'll also be beaten by me! | |
都唔知你噏乜! | 粵 I don't know what you're babbling about! | |
你可以留低﹐亦可以走人﹐對我嚟講都冇所謂。 | 粵 You can stay or go, it's all the same to me. | |
你把聖誕卡全部都寄出去了嗎? | 國 Have you sent all of your Christmas cards yet? | |
一日煮足三餐都幾嘥時間。 | 粵 It is very time-consuming if the three meals of a day are all made by me. | |
我乜嘢都知道晒! | 粵 I have discovered all. | |
乜都可以。 | 粵 Anything's possible. | |
我每次見到佢﹐ 佢都係講緊電話。 | 粵 He's speaking on the phone whenever I see him. | |
都係我唔啱! | 粵 It's all my fault! | |
次次都一樣 | 粵 "(do it) the same way each time" | |
我每次考試都好緊張。 | 粵 I am nervous every time I take a test. | |
唔知點解呢排成日都頭痛呀。 | 粵 I don't know why I've been getting so many headaches lately. | |
我一生一世都會愛你。 | I'll love you for the rest of my life. | |
我從來都沒去過日本。 | 國 I have never been to Japan. | |
我乜都鍾意食 | 粵 I like to eat everything. | |
我甚麼都喜歡吃 | 國 I like to eat everything. | |
呢排我成日都睇電視 | 粵 Recently I've been watching tv all day. | |
你每次都吃太多! | 國 You always eat too much food! | |
我都上網買禮物 | 國 I buy gifts on the Internet. | |
我什麼都喜歡吃 | 國 I like to eat everything. | |
乜你噉都唔明? | 粵 Is it so hard to understand? | |
佢郁啲撞火﹐撞親火就面都紅晒。 | 粵 His face flares red whenever he gets cross, which happens quite often. | |
每年這個時候都很忙 | 國 It is always so busy this time of the year. | |
人一世物一世,出嚟旅行乜都應該試下 | 粵 Live the moment and enjoy life, when travelling, one should try out and experience everything. | |
如果阿明真係一個識飛嘅超人就好喇⋯⋯噉佢就唔會喺條街度踩咗啲米田共返嚟屋企,重要印到成條走廊嘅地板都係!抹死人咩⋯⋯ | 粵 It'd be nice if Ah Ming were a superhero that knew how to fly … Then he wouldn't have brought home the poop that he stepped on in the street and printed it all over the floorboards in the hallway! Cleaning it up will be the death of me … | |
我琴日睇咗一套戲,但係一啲都唔好睇 | 粵 I saw a film yesterday, and boy did it suck. | |
呢個復活節係咪去北海道滑雪,重係十劃都未有一撇。 | 粵 It's still far too early to tell if we are going skiing in Hokkaido this Easter. | |
佢戴著一頂頭盔,但係一啲都唔型 | 粵 He's wearing a helmet but it doesn't look good on him at all. | |
有時廣東話講起上嚟都幾繑口 | 粵 Sometimes Cantonese can be very hard to pronounce. | |
不過大部分都只係冇用嘅情報 | 粵 Most of the reports are useless though. | |
小榮真係扭計,成日都冇心機學嘢 | 粵 Siu Wing's always kicking up a fuss about studying, he never has any motivation. | |
聽佢講經濟﹐係人都會瞓着。 | 粵 Listening to him talk about economics would put anyone to sleep. | |
佢著嚫高踭鞋都拗柴。 | Every time she wears high-heels she twists her ankle. | |
點解你洗嚫碗都打爛嘢㗎? | Why is it that every time you wash dishes you break something? | |
我去嚫旅行都坐國泰。 | Every time I go to travel I take Cathay Pacific. | |
萬大事都有得解決 | 粵 No matter how formidable this problem seems, it can be solved. | |
等到差佬來,蚊都瞓啦! | 粵 [粵] paint will dry before the cops come! lit. to wait for the policeman to come, mosquitos would be asleep | |
佢一句話﹐引到成屋人都笑起嚟。 | 粵 His remark set everyone in the house roaring with laughter. | |
講起嚟﹐我都識何先生。 | 粵 Now you come to mention it, I know Mr Ho as well. | |
你點都要諗辦法帶佢嚟呢度。 | 粵 You must bring him here by fair means or foul. | |
佢啲臭脾氣都幾惡頂 | 粵 His bad temper is quite hard to take. | |
當天全部都好! | That day, everything was good! | |
我諗都未諗過。 | 粵 I haven't even thought about it. | |
其實我好想同佢掟煲,但係因為次次同佢講呢件事佢都喊得好慘,所以到而家我都唔敢同佢講分手 | 粵 Actually I really want to break up with her, but I daren't suggest it. Every time I mention it, she bursts into tears. | |
似乎我幫唔到你,都係交個波畀人罷啦。 | 粵 Seems there's nothing I can do to help you so I'm just gonna have to pass the buck on to someone else. | |
我每一年都會染兩次髮 | 粵 I always dye my hair twice per year. | |
新澤西州到處都係不毛之地 | 粵 New Jersey is just barren wasteland. | |
我哋連佢咩動機都唔知道呀 | 粵 We don't even know what his motive is. | |
你哋遲早會知,我都唔需要隱瞞 | 粵 You'd have had to find out sometime, there's no point in me covering anything up. | |
做任何事都要勤儉。 | Be thrifty and hardworking in whatever undertaking you are to start on. | |
雖然佢三十六度板斧都出齊,但都唔夠你犀利 | 粵 Although he put in all that he knew, he could not match up with you. | |
個仔成日去賭錢,做亞媽嘅都好激氣 | 粵 As a mother, she is very upset with her son gambling. | |
反到成身都咁𣲷/nap6/,重唔去沖個涼 | 粵 You are all sweaty and sticky after playing. Quickly go for your shower. | |
佢做嘢咁慢,做到天光都做唔完啦! | 粵 He works so slowly, he won't be even finished by [next] morning. | |
逢親放假我哋都會出國遊埠 | 粵 We travel overseas whenever there is a holiday. | |
佢枕住健身個肌肉都係咁鬆婄,只得半粒老鼠仔咋 | 粵 He has been working out for a long time, yet his muscles are still soft, with only half-developed biceps. | |
間餐廳嘅例湯賣來賣去都係嗰三幅被,重來冇新鮮啲嘅畀你試。 | 粵 This restaurant always serves the same soups; there's never a new thing for you to try. | |
亞蓮隔籬周不時都打通宵麻雀,令到佢同屋企人受滋擾。 | 粵 Ah Lin's neighbours often play mahjong right through the night thereby disturbing her and her family. | |
蘋果𠸎埋橙都好平 | 粵 The apples and also the oranges are very inexpensive. | |
家下都𨂾光黑,我睇係嚟唔切去架喇! | 粵 It is already dusk, I don't think we can make it in time. | |
啲蚊零舍毒,咬嚫啲蚊赧到而家都未消 | 粵 These mosquitoes especially potent as the swellings from their bites have yet to subside. | |
我食蘋果通常都唔㓟皮嘅 | 粵 I usually eat apples without peeling its skin. | |
我往常都是步行去上班。 | 國 I used to go to work on foot. | |
你講嗰啲嘢全部都九唔踏八。 | 粵 Nothing you said made any sense. | |
琴日都好地地嘅,今日就發燒囉。 | 粵 It was all fine yesterday; the fever just came up today. | |
現代嘅女裝恤衫,露出個乳溝、露出個肚臍,都係已經成為常態咗。 | 粵 Today, it is no longer unusual to have tops for ladies which reveal the cleavage or the navel. | |
我睇完佢表演之後都O晒嘴! | 粵 I was also speechless (with surprise) after seeing him performed. | |
好食到七名都食埋 | 粵 So tasty that it is finger licking good. | |
上次單嘢我都未同你計數呀! | 粵 I still haven't gotten even with you! | |
橫掂都出咗嚟,順便去睇戲啦。 | 粵 Let's go for a movie as we are already here anyway! | |
佢連車都買唔起, 何況係買屋 | 粵 He can't afford a car, let alone a house. | |
邊個叫佢眼高手低吖;無論佢嘅目標有幾崇高,佢都冇能力去做嘅。 | 粵 It's such a pity that no matter how big his aims are, he hasn't the ability to see them through. | |
老細請呢餐我哋都食到依牙鬆槓 | 粵 The treat from my boss was wonderful and the food was great! | |
間工廠畀火燒,旁邊嘅住宅都殃及池魚 | 粵 The nearby houses were not spared when the factory caught fire. | |
乜呢張廣告貼到周街都係㗎! | 粵 This advertisement is being posted all over the place! | |
佢成日喺度寫埋晒啲無聊嘢﹐我都費事睇。 | 粵 He writes so much nonsense that I don't even bother reading it. | |
你真係掯,單嘢咁棘手你都搞得掂 | 粵 You are competent to have solved such a sticky problem. | |
靚女一上車,小巴上嘅麻甩仔都打雀噉眼望住佢 | 粵 The sleazy guys on the minibus were gawking at the pretty girl the moment she boards | |
你真係冇用,畀人哋一剒你就乜都爆晒出嚟 | 粵 You are useless. You revealed everything when they pressured you to do so. | |
呢嚿肉鬼咁韌嚙極都唔入 | 粵 This piece of meat is too tough. I just cannot bite on it. | |
佢做事不留都撳地游水,唔會攞你嚟較飛! | 粵 He has all along been very careful. He will not land you in trouble. | |
當日天陰陰,落雨絲濕噉,一出門口我都經已有不祥嘅預感 | 粵 That day the weather was overcast and about to rain. I had a very bad feeling as I stepped out my house. | |
就算你噉做亦都於事無補 | 粵 Even by doing so, you would not help the situation. | |
佢住喺座山度,不知幾咁隔涉,連車都行唔到 | 粵 He lives up on a mountain, really secluded, you can't even reach it by car. | |
他生性好奇, 甚麼事情都要研究一番。 | 國 He is born curious and likes to look into every single thing. | |
佢可以為咗你沕水撞牆都在所不惜。 | 粵 He would dive into the water and collide/crash at the wall for you, without regards for the consequences. | |
李連杰都算幾錫身,導演都幫佢搵埋替身啦 | 粵 Jet Li takes pretty good care of himself, his movie director even found a stand-in for him. | |
騎樓嘅花盆危危乎,隨時都會跌落去噉 | 粵 The pots on the balcony seems unstable enough to fall off anytime. | |
媽媽將屋企打理到井井有條一啲都唔易 | 粵 It is not an easy feat for Mommy to manage the house so neat and tidy. | |
現在流行的事物,過些時候都成為明日黃花。 | 國 What is fashionable now will be passe after some time. | |
香港同新加坡人都見慣高樓大厦 | 粵 People of Hong Kong and Singapore are used to seeing high rise buildings. | |
我以為有個攝影師做男朋友,佢一定會幫我影好多靚相,殊不知佢一張相都冇幫我影過。 | 粵 I had the idea that by having a photographer as boyfriend, I would have many of my pictures taken. Little did I know that none of the photographs were of me. | |
每位藝術家對作品的細節一點都不敢苟且 | All the artists pay very careful details towards their art pieces. | |
你都霎戇嘅! | 粵 You are ridiculous! | |
呢度嘅住客都穿著禮服為主,盡顯其顯赫份 | 粵 The residents here are all formally attired, a mark of their affluence. | |
自從新聞報道話椰子又好又盛, 呢一帶食肆都食住條水, 推出各種各樣同椰子有關嘅小食。 | 粵 Ever since the news reported that coconuts were good and all, the entire stretch of eateries here seize the opportunity to serve snacks made from coconuts. | |
一個人喺異鄉無根無蔃,咩都要靠自己,真唔容易 | 粵 To be alone in a foreign place without the support from family or society, one has to be very independent; and that can be very trying. | |
大家都知道亞雄吹水功夫一流,佢可以將一件簡單嘅事講到天花龍鳳嚟吸引人。 | 粵 Everyone knows Ah Hung is really good at talking. He can capture his audience by making a simple matter so sophisticated. | |
就算華佗在世都醫唔好啦 | 粵 There would not be a cure even if Hua Tuo is alive. | |
我睇都係買屋比較揸拿,好過投資喺啲小生意上 | 粵 I am of the view that buying property has more assurance, better than investing in small businesses. | |
阿妹的歌首首都膾炙人口 | 國 A-mei's songs are all widely known. |